Saturday 17 April 2010

Alex Harvey



Back in the 70s Alex Harvey , and his band The Sensational Alex Harvey Band recorded a version of Next . The Jacques Brel song previously recorded by Scott Walker and others.

In a weird twist of fate Harvey suffered a fatal heart attack in Zeebrugge Belgium ; the country where Brel was born.

On Maunday Thursday, I got a call about my Belgium job; apparently its on again. And there is a possibility of some work happening very soon.

The Belgium job has been on and off since November 2009. I’ve had three interviews over the telephone. Had a Christmas meal with my agent to celebrate the contract. And was given a start date in January. January came and went, and the work was scaled down to a couple of days. Then the days were rolled back, until the job dissapeared all together.

I’m supposed to hear next week when they want me to start.

So to tempt fate myself, I’ll post the Alex Harvey's version of Brel’s song Next. Maybe it will bring me luck, and I’ll stop having those redundancy nightmares. Next, your next.

No comments:

Post a Comment