Saturday 11 September 2010

Kate Bush









S
he is one of those questions, that happen at the end of the night, Did she exist or was she merely a manifestation of all those difficult, adolescent thoughts. I’m choosing this one because it’s great and defies analysis, and because she ditches the leotard for once. The reasons are endless.
Click on her image for the song.

L
ooking at the shoddy vistas of Girls Aloud, The Saturdays and Amy Winehouse (excuse the oldie reference) I’m tempted to say talented women have been buried, beneath manufactured, stage-school, confection.

I’m aware people like Gaye Advert and Poly Styrene would not even make the X Factor auditions. But I’m really glad about that. And I hope individuals, Like them will flourish, despite the merciless onslaught of totally bland drivel

No comments:

Post a Comment